PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Policy - Its back
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 11:41
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'll have to stay in hotels which offer bathroom scales - how else can I check the weight before check-in for a return trip. No wait. As most of my travel involves travel in a class which allows two cases, I'll take two cases. More work for the baggage handlers; more weight on the plane.

This topic was discussed at great length when BA first determined that a 23kg limit would apply.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230439

That then was coupled to increases in the handbagge allowances. Those increases have been clobbered by the DfT imposing a one bag limit, driven one suspects by BAA's inability to provide adequate screening resources.

Incidently the current message from BA refers to "health and safety recommendations" not "Health and Safety recommendations". Previous posters sought clarification from government bodies and the like who confirmed that they weren't behind this weight limit. So it's solely BA driven. Perhaps the T5 experience will require pax to self load their baggage as well as themselves and 23kg is considered about right for granny to heft into the baggage container??