PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 09:14
Curious Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Based on the information on their website (which is sketchy in places) they will merge HLX and HF as of January, and they will operate as TUIfly.com (several pictures of the first repainted aircraft in bright yellow are around if you Google). During 2007 the TUIfly.com portal will start including the flight ops of the other TUI airlines. From 2008 they will start rebranding them as TUIfly.com. I suspect that a Corsair 744 painted all yellow will be somewhat lurid! They have placed a 65-aircraft order with Boeing for fleet renewal (not expansion - deliveries 2010-2013, but I can't find any reference as to what they have ordered - mostly 738s I would suspect. They don't mention forming a single airline, but presumably that would be the next step.

2400 jobs to go in the UK, but no mention of where - not too much, if any from Thomsonfly I wouldn't have though given that they don't seem to be making cuts there. Indeed they seem to regard what they have done with the Thomsonfly model as a success, and are rolling it out across the group. here is even mention of more jobs in the airline operation.