PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff Dixon's Gift
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 00:44
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Onya Geoff a truly selfless and munificent gesture however motivated.

Win lose or draw it is a very significant amount of money, so wind your necks in guys the only tax and concessional breaks will be for the benefit of the charitable trust they will not accrue to young Geoff.

The Tax Act provides for this to support said charitable efforts and because it is a concessional tax, against earned income, which is how the fund gets income to operate = for charitable purposes, they have a set of rules to stop people from taking personal advantage of them.

What a shame other industrial and commercial multi millionaires don't follow his example instead of swanning around the world in their own private flying and floating gin palaces leading a life of decadence and by buying every conceivable toy to sate their appetite for so-called excitement and pleasure?
a very significant %age do, but do not have to and most choose not to advertise the fact as does Geoff as a result of his very public position and as part of his disclosure obligations.

Me! I don't work for or claim a friendship neeva, and I am really ambient about the way QF is going as an Australian icon in the same way its hard to describe the feeling of watching your ma in law driving your new Ferrari over a cliff.

I've been mulling over whether I want to renew my QF Club membership to senior life, but I think I might now.