PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 00:13
BusterHot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And a few of Binbrook Gems.

Messing about before landing one afternoon, future wife on "Talkdown", requested a GCA. Configured, 8 miles, checks complete.

"Begin descent now for a 2 and a half degree glide path....." Select a/b in, gear up, flaps up, advance throttles and maintain glide. Talkdown gets faster and faster until doing 550 kts at a mile and a half, frustrated voice says, "Very funny smartass now piss off to Stud One!"

----------------------------

How are nicknames achieved? East of the Spurn Point Lighthouse one afternoon, lead of a 4 giving a new JP some practice.

"4, are you with this formation or are you just trying to Savage it?!" (Hows life in Virgin Savage?)

---------------------------

Or the young JP learning to tank off a Delta Wing bomber after the Falklands War and after one memorable trip became known as Spok. Why, because he F$%^£s Vulcans!

---------------------------

During the tenure of one Captain Cowpat and midway through one of his "punishment" exercises after we failed TACEVAL because of one of his cock ups. Experienced mate punches out during the exercise after the back end bursts into flames as he tries to relight No 2 after a slightly non standard endurance extending procedure. Come up out of the "bunker" to watch the chopper land, guy guarding the entrance says

"Is Mr Xxxx OK sir?" "Yes I think he's fine." "Thats good. Shouldn't say it sir, but I wish it'd been the Stn Cdr and he'd gone in with the f$%^&*£ aeroplane!" (I had him charged immediately.......). Popular bloke - not.

--------------------------

And finally for now, extracted from the 226 OCU linebook which somehow ended up in the LTF crewroom. At a beercall in the Coltishall crewroom circa early 1970's, pilot talking to rather masculine SACW bowser driver who went by the name of AVTAG Annie.

AA "Just 'cause you're an Orficer doesn't mean I can't fump ya!".

Last edited by BusterHot; 15th Dec 2006 at 00:27.