PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFO raids four premises in BAE contracts probe
Old 14th Dec 2006, 21:37
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
EW comments:
If people are breaking the law then they need to be dealt with. If we are to start allowing - or even supporting - selective application of the law, then where do you draw the line?

But this happens all the time in the UK, with regards to all manner of offenses from speeding to fraud etc, how the law/courts deal with you is dependant on who you are. Would you or I been treated like Jeffrey Archer for the same crime, I doubt it very much, how many others like him in Lincoln prison would of been allowed to wine and dine in Zuchinis most days. How many in power or in the entertainment or royalty who have actually been found guilty and still not been dealt with like the rest of us. Additionally BAES has not even been found guilty of any wrong doing and no proof exists so are we now just going to come out with the stock phrase 'no smoke without fire' and treat them as guilty anyway, trial by newspapers that allways get the facts and do not have hidden agendas. We have a hypocritical/inconsistent law and government in this country, what about Cherie BLiar she was found gulity in the newspapers of wrongdoing, how come she never ended up in court, oh I know one rule for one and one for those we don't like.