View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2006, 20:39
garp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ShuttleSixYankee
Alexey:

Well done on getting through.
I passed the initial phase on the test day last Friday so sat the second part but today I learned from Eurocontrol that I had been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.
I was quite upset for a few hours, and still am to some extent to be honest. The tricky thing about Eurocontrol selection is that they'll take the best of the best. I'm looking into detailed feedback at the moment, and it may well be that I passed the afternoon session but there were others that got higher pass marks if you see what I mean. Harsh process, but I understand it's in their interest to recruit only the best.
I was thinking about this for a while, because I got all the way to the final interview for NATS earlier this year before being turned down.
In my opinion the selection for Eurocontrol is much tougher (in terms of aptitude testing) than that of NATS.
I believe your next stage will be a two-part interview spread over two days Alexey, good luck with that. From what I gathered last week they look out for motivation as being key to your success.

I will be reapplying to NATS when I am eligible to do so again in March.

Good luck to anyone else thinking of going to Eurocontrol - I thought it was a great place, but you really have to be up to scratch on the day.

SHT6Y
Good man, it would have been nice to train somebody with your attitude. Good luck with NATS.