PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2006, 20:33
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HF :- "That doesn't even begin to illuminate the medical innovations that are equally impressive.

Not only did they do it for significantly less money than the market rate, they now face the end of thirty years of work with two weeks notice."

Necessity is the mother of all invention; look at the civvy invented particle separators as just one example. It’s ‘the bottom line’ which is relatively unique to commercial ops that is the main driver for and creates more “necessity” than most service people ever hear about.

Apart from that, I figured that I was reading a commendation for a unit citation, then as helmets second sentence in his quote above approached I caught sight of the number ten redwings all set to sink the boot in.
Then I figured well really the whole episode is just another OZ saga that we are sooooo good at. Cutting down the tall poppy! No discussion, no counselling, no revision of changed market demands, perceived or real, just kick-em-fair-in-the-guts.

eagle86:- "Just so there is no misunderstanding - the difficulty of Mil helo flying and the standards maintained outstrip the civvy world by miles - daylight is second."

With respect there mate, just a bit of a long bow here with this statement.

splot123
your posts seem to come and go a bit, perhaps they need farming in a different environmet, and around the sometimes used word "expectations"
Cheers Tet