PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA SSP T's & C's
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2006, 12:38
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=

I can understand BA paying cadets less as they need to pay for their type rating and they have no experience. But after even 6 months on-line you have got good experience. What often then happens, is someone you trained with in flying school will pitch up at BA selection, get in, and earn £15k more than you, with the same experience and doing exactly the same job. Surely this isnt fair?? [/QUOTE]

GWP

Learn to Walk before you want to run a marathon.

You have answered your own question as BA cadets had your same experince and you are also recieving a trype rating and a JOC.

You comment about 6 months and you have good experience shows how inexperienced you really are.

Your going from a piston twin to one big muther of a jet that i guarantee will leave you behind back in bed hugging your pillow.

After 6 months you're still saying what the hell is going on. A year and your thinking just at the same rate the a/c is going and after 18 months your starting to feel comfortable (this is a really dangerous phase an will bite you). Two years and then you can call yourself relatively expereinced.

PaulW was probably a little harse but i understand where is comming from as we and others have earned our stripes and done things that entitle us to a DEP's salary.

Good luck and i hope you adjust your attitude as there are many captains out there just waiting to adjust it for you.