PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USAF "Thunderbirds" for Salthill Airshow 07
Old 14th Dec 2006, 11:17
sharmine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunderbirds and Angels

Having seen both teams often I can only say its a good time to go get your photos of the static display. Pretty aircraft, skillfully flown but rarely in front of the crowd. I can imagine that when they appear at Fairford you would see more of them if you were at Lynham, Brize or Kemble.

Maybe the Fairford fly pro planners could fit a couple of other displays into each of the gaps between the 4 ship and 2 ship. Yawn. Or maybe there's time for a P break.

Sharmine

Thunderbirds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to show how boring these can be. Last year I saw the T birds at Randolph AFB, San Antonio, Texas. where they stopped the display and called the crowd forward to watch the 'formation ground run' to music. They actually played classic music whilst the ground crew chiefs saluted each other marched out to their charges, mounted, and proceded to Start, run and stop their engines in unison as part of the pre show checkout. And all the time to music.

They stopped the show for about 40 minutes to allow this demonstration to happen. Mind you Elmer loved it.

http://myaviation.net/?pid=00506278

That will fit in great at Fairford, NOT

Sharmine