PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2006, 06:56
sand blaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Helmet Fire
Did NGO’s lead the way in the development of the EMS System; well of course yes, it was the NGO that commenced the first helicopter rescue service in Australia.

Did NGO’s lead the way or did the customer provide the pathway for these operators to follow as the customers required changed. As other systems in other states evolved, so did the evolution of NSW EMS helicopter system? The customer required machines that could transport the rescue crews that they deemed to be appropriate for the task; this was also influenced by equipment requirements and other requirements, as did the capability to provide services during nocturnal hours. So yes NSW NGO’s were at the forefront of this change process however to make a bold statement that they were responsible for this change could be strongly argued. I would say that it was a joint venture, would this change have occurred if a commercial operator was involved? who knows, however if a customer contracts a company to provide services then generally that service is provided or the contract is breached. Although I never did make a statement that NGO’s never made change during their involvement. I did make a statement How long did it take the NGO’s to provide the services that they were contracted to?

An example of this could be IFR,as highlighted in earlier posts by FATRAT he implied that Westpac were slow in providing single pilot IFR, and we all know about Careflights poor IFR record of availability.

As for the slander attack on Careflight and Westpac, well I do not apologise, although I don’t believe it to be slander at all I see it as adjusting the misleading information provided by the spin machine. In earlier posts I predicted the media and political manipulation that would occur if a commercial operator were selected. If you go back to the prior contract tender the NGO’s were ruthless in their attack on Lloyds helicopter. Careflight is an animal that is on a rampage; they have prostituted themselves and will undertake any smear campaign to survive so I do not apologise for aggressively attacking their propaganda.

Apologies, I have used the world Careflight and Westpac in describing these companies and yes sadly this has probably placed dispersions on the capabilities of the individuals that fly on these aircraft. I express my apologies to those crew that have taken my posts as an attack on the individual capability and professionalism. When I have used the terms Westpac and Careflight they have been directed towards the management that has let these individuals down.

I have never singled out any individual or individual groups within these organizations. I am not in a position to assess the credibility of individuals or the job role that they perform, however I do certainly question the ethics of the organizations that they work for and question the ethic and there suitability for charity status.

Careflight I believe should be investigated for the content of their media releases and their alignment with certain political members. The politicians that have been lobbying for them over the loss of this tender process need to be exposed and their suitability to hold a political office needs to be questioned. (Media boys out there, this would make a sensational story.) If careflight were a listed company would there not be an investigation into the misleading information provided to their stockholders and the market place.

In closing Helmet fire, I suggest that you have another look at both the Careflight and NSW ambulance website, and really assess who is correct. Someone is lying, if this is the NSW Ambulance Service then swift and server action is required to sever the individual’s responsible. If it is Careflight then the Public deserve the truth to be replicated on the Careflight website and an official investigation into there suitability to maintain their charitable status.

Eagle 86
As I said above I have never question any individual CAPABILITY although I can see how these guys would see this. I DO NOT KNOW THE MAN HOWEVER HIS REPUTATION AND HIS ACHIEVEMENTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES as do the actions of all these aviators involved.

Stay SAFE and good luck in the future.

Last edited by sand blaster; 14th Dec 2006 at 08:44.