PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2006, 02:30
love2flyoneworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas chief donates millions but "There are always going to be labour changes "

Colin Kruger
December 14, 2006 - 12:41PM

Qantas chief Geoff Dixon says he will accept the consortium's offer to continue as the airline's CEO, but it will not necessarily be for the mountain of money they plan to throw at him.
Mr Dixon will be one of the airline senior executives who stand to receive 1 per cent of the airline if the deal goes through.
Depending on whether the airline meets its performance hurdles this could deliver Mr Dixon up to $60 million as part of the Long-Term Incentive Scheme (LTIP), but all proceeds will go to charity he says.
"My family and I have decided that I will gift my entire share of the LTIP to a charitable trust, which we will establish for the benefit of the community, particularly in the areas of medical research and indigenous health and education," Mr Dixon said.
He was not so charitable today when asked about the outlook for the airline's workforce. When asked if he could guarantee that the new owners would not undertake job cuts in the future, Mr Dixon replied: "No, we are not going to say here now that there won't be labour changes
"There are always going to be labour changes in the aviation industry."
Asked if Qantas would agree to a union labour guarantee agreement, Mr Dixon replied: "No."