PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2006, 02:29
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
someplace,
I understand your frustration and emotion, these are very emotive times. A lot of crap will be said on both sides of the fence - but as I tried to say above, lets not personalise it here on a "Professional" bulletin site - lets leave that for the spin doctors.

I am obviously NOT speaking for CareFlight at all, I am speaking from a purely personal standpoint. It appears that CareFlight have not attacked CHC, and CHC have not attacked CareFlight - that sort of stuff has only happened here and I could categorically say that NONE of it has been sanctioned by either organisation. A quick review of this thread reveals a continued attack on CareFlight, and barely a personalised comment on CHC personnel beyond stating they are a multi national.

So I can only assume you are drawing your inferences from that most accurate source of all - the media.

The safety concerns voiced by the doctor group are actually related to the differences between a commercial arrangement where different crew members answer to different managements V an integrated model where all members operate under one system.
NOT CHC V CAREFLIGHT.
NO ISSUE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF CHC CREWMEMBERS OR THEIR ABILITIES HAS EVER BEEN EXPRESSED BY CAREFLIGHT. Or anyone anywhere in this thread BTW.

It has only been whipped up by these sorts of emotions.
At the end of every tender process like this there are winners and losers, and it would be fair to say that a majority of losers will question the tender process and system if a loss threatens their very existance. The larger the threat to their existance, the harder the fight: human nature!

That process is especially reasonable in any democratic system such as ours where government awards such large contracts, and we in the industry have seen it time and again (Canadian Cormorant, Australian ARH, etc, etc, etc).

Such process is no reason to emotively attack the loser, rather it is an opportunity for the government to demonstrate the logic, sound basis, and integrity of the outcome, and thus demonstrate to the governed population that they are acting in the best interests of those who elected them. Losers have a right to process integrity.

I am convinced that the NSW Government have forseen and prepared for the reactions, and will now begin demonstrating the integrity of their decision.

I'd say that it is unlikely that their process of review and justification will involve any of the crap we write here on the 'prune. As I said before, all we will achieve is personal insult.