PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for CityJet Pilots, preferably Contract Pilots
Old 13th Dec 2006, 16:22
handypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Question for CityJet Pilots, preferably Contract Pilots

I'm a Yank who has been offered good terms to fly for CityJet under a one year contract starting Feb 19th. I've been reading some of the negative things about CityJet, of which most have to do with the pay/terms. Before I sign the dotted line, I will know fully what I'm getting for the year...and It's pretty damn good!
My biggest fear is that after the first year, management comes to renew my contract, and offers lesser terms. Specifically, same pay, but no house or car for my family. I know they are in need of DECs badly now, but I'm afraid they may be giving favorable terms for the first year, to get us to come over. Then year two comes around, and they pull the carpet out from under me, and I'm stuck with no prospects and my family in a foreign country. This would suck!
So...my question is - What has the experience been of the CityJet contract pilots in this area? What typically happens to your contract after the first year? Are there any changes in the term?
Also, I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE AN 'AMERICANS PILOTS STEALING JOBS AND RUINING OUR LIVES' DEBATE! I've read the other threads and will seriously consider any possible impact on my IR/UK/EU pilot brethren. Please keep this thread on point. Thanks!