PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2006, 06:25
lampeterexile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Melchett01
QUOTE]As part of my Ops Business Plan for 2006-07
Right - I will stop you there Sir. What do you mean Ops Business Plan? Since when did HM Forces become a business? Has there been a shares issue - if so where's my dividend? And more importantly, can the shareholders have a vote of no confidence in the Board??? Hmmmm thought not.
When are the Top Brass going to grow a spine and tell the bean counters to get back in their boxes?
When will the bean counters realise that HM Forces (not Gordon's or Tony's) do not deal in tangible assets and concepts of profit or loss? The whole country profits when families can sleep safely in their beds at night knowing they aren't going to be invaded or blown up. Contrary to popular opinion at MOD and the Treasury, profit and loss is not measured by the number of assets on each station and how much they are worth. Profit and loss as far as I am concerned is all about lives and operations: when I go on ops, do I achieve my mission and do I bring the same numbers of troops home that I took out at the start of the op? When I call the roll, if everyone answers and the job has been done, then that's all I care about.
As soon as the bean counters took over, that's when the RAF started to go down hill. Sir Jock - you want to save some money .... how about firing the management consultants and accountants that cost millions yet keep telling you we are skint and have to flog another Sqn, Regt or destroyer or 3 to pay their fees![/QUOTE]

well said . They have finally worn me down after 26 years service. PVR submitted 18 Oct 06