PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question
Thread: A question
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 22:26
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Pete, your second paragraph actually had my fingers down my throat, then alleluyah! You agree with me in the next paragraph:
We cannot allow for the lowest common denominator making PAs constantly after every action we take
and I also do the following:
but I ALWAYS make a PA either during, or after a turbulence encounter
but I strongly suspect we have here a person with an unusually severe nervousness problem, who is creating the same in their offspring, who can't seem to rationalise that the pilots thought there was nothing overduly severe that warranted a PA. I'm inclined to go on the pilots actual judgement than say 'there there diddums' to someone who can't be bothered to sort their problem out, but instead publicly castigates their pilot for their judgement......and makes the most peculiar accusations of what my reaction will be looking down........odd places. You want to take a neurotically nervous person's word against the judgement of other pilots- that's why it gets short shrift from me. I earnestly hope you and this person are never my passengers- you both have peculiar judgement to me!

And why should the pilot apologise?. One golden lesson in aviation I have learnt is never, ever, never apologise for something that is not your fault! To many people, if you apologise for something, ergo it must be your fault, therefore you are to blame! A bit like Atishoo's pilot has taken the blame for giving Atishoo a beastly flight- can you imagine if he'd actually apologised too how much blame he would have taken as well?

Rule 2 is only apologise if the blame will point publicly at you and you can't avoid it. Then apologise early and profusely.

Last edited by Rainboe; 12th Dec 2006 at 23:10.