PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 21:14
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here, try this for size: Should I enter it for the Plain English competition. Some bits removed deliberately, I managed as far as para 2 and staggered into para 3 before losing my concentration. It may be useful at OASC as a test for would be Admin officers. It has half the readbility of a Dickens' novel and is more complex. Remarkably an insurance policy is actually harder to read.

1. As part of my Ops Business Plan for 2006-07, I set key objectives and targets that are designed to clarify and improve our relationships with both our Customers and Suppliers.

2. One such objective is to undertake a series of Maturity Modelling Exercises across Ops, engaging ** with our Strategic Partners, from across the Delivery Areas of ****** Management, Projects and ****** Management Services. Originally my target was to achieve level 2, in Smart Acquisition terms, by 31 Mar 07.

3. AD Business Management (BM) South, J************ was tasked with writing a paper for my Operations Management Board (OMB) on how best to approach this work.

4. At the OMB on 11 Oct 06, my Management Board agreed to proceed with these exercises using the Supply Chain Relationships In Action (SCRIA) Relationship Evaluation Tool. This was felt to be the most appropriate methodology for the partnerships that we have, and the aspects of partnerships that we wish to measure and develop. This strategic tool was formed in 1995 by the UK Aerospace Small and Medium size Enterprises and Prime Contractors, sponsored by the Society of British Aerospace Companies Ltd., supported by the MoD and part funded by the DTI.

5. The scope of the work will include the Regional Prime Contracts, Integrated Service Providers, Northern Ireland Term Contracts, the Housing Prime Contract, the main FM Contractors for USF, Vanguard and the two Land Management Services Office of Government and Commerce Partners.

6. Staff will recognise the work that has already taken place, in respect of EFQM and Smart Acquisition Maturity Modelling over a number of years both when DE comprised nine Business Units, and now as five Directorates. SCRIA can be seen as aligned to elements of Smart Acquisition, providing a behavioural model focussing specifically on customer-supplier relationships to enable strategy, shared vision, values and culture; enabling people; and enabling leaner support process through openness and trust. EFQM is a general-purpose model of “business excellence”.

7. **** will now be taking this work forward with his BM colleagues, and will be leading on this programme of work across Ops. Engagement and scoping work with the Supplier Relations Group, DPA will commence on 16 Nov 06, and a programme of circa 15 workshops will be setup, with a due completion date of Feb 07, with a report submission to me in March.

8. Areas For Improvement will be identified and managed through a series of Action Plans, embedded across the Delivery Areas and their Strategic Partners.

9. I hope that if asked to participate in the workshops, you will take an opportunity to support what I believe will be a major step towards a better and more credible business platform.