PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Green? Blue? Purple??
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 21:12
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted on this before. I don't think the tax issue is what swings it - there's not enough in it either way as you don't get an allowance which is untaxed, you just get a tax allowance at the appropriate rate according to what 'they' reckon you ought to spend on your uniforms. The most expensive bits are the 1s and 5s anyway. Personally, I would happily give up the allowance and go to a free-issue system.

As for CS95, some people prefer wearing greens others blues. I just don't understand why people who are so fond of being in greens didn't just join a different Service in the first place. I can see why some units need to wear greens to work in fields and so on, but offices, ops rooms, CAOCs etc just don't need it. I also think it makes sense for people working overnight anywhere to wear CS95, as they don't look such a bag of sh1t in the morning (especially when they manage to get a couple of hours shuteye)!

<<Rant On>>
What really gets my goat is this recent tendancy for RAF Pers to wear a different coloured beret - 16 AAB is an example where they wear para berets (without the P-Course) with RAF beret badges and army stable belts - what's that all about? Can you imagine someone from the Parachute Regiment working as a permanent liaison offr with No 1 ACC giving up their Para Beret to wear an RAF one with a Para Badge? Nor can I.
<<Rant Off>>

STH