PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 introduction into offshore services
Old 12th Dec 2006, 19:05
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So true sox6, so true. I found that while I enjoyed the work for the most part, people were always putting out fires. Never enough time and/or organisation to actually plan ahead. Continual catch up game. Not much fun, and I really don't know why anybody puts up with it. Hence no time for any proper sort of briefing, just a "thanks for coming, grab your tools" type intro.
I here that Bond are moving some machines down to SNS. Perhaps you know more??? About time I say, maybe shake the resident operators up a bit and make them take some action (of a positive sort I would hope). If only they would spend the money to have a good facility, and pay the engineers what they are actually worth, 99% of the problems would be solved, as the retention/attraction problem would be overcome. Nope, too busy trying to get 2500 hours out of every airframe per year, and wondering why they are running into problems. Centralising the management/power at Aberdeen didn't help I am sure. The people at the outstations now don't have any real power, and the people at Aberdeen are too busy to really care.
Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it!!!!
Great bunch of guys for the most part, just continually under intense pressure.