PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question
Thread: A question
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 19:02
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atishoo

Please understand that Rainboe always has a blunt reply for anyone who is not up to his standard (which of course means everyone).

Please don't think we are all like that, some of us have learnt a little about CRM from the lessons we have attended. If you don't know what CRM is, it is Crew Resource Management, see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crew_resource_management Notice the communication aspect, which includes communicating with your passengers, especially the nervous ones, as this may go some way to improving the safety of your flight. Consider a scared passenger doing something irrational inflight and causing some sort of 'problem'. Perhaps this could be avoided by some reassuring words from the captain when something has occured which may be worrying, like turbulence.

Fear of flying is an irrational fear if you look at the statistics, but one that many, many passengers experience. We cannot allow for the lowest common denominator making PAs constantly after every action we take, but I ALWAYS make a PA either during, or after a turbulence encounter as I consider it to be something that on the whole, is wanted by my passengers and which I believe could well enhance the safe conduct of my flight.

Rest assured many of us on here would prefer not to have to fly with Rainboe as one of his passengers.....

Happy flying.

PP