PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 17:28
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Rigga
‘The RAF is now being run as a business; employing basic and often crude business methods to reduce wastage, without regard for the type of work done or the effect on manning for any other reasons. (Chug – That’s what LEAN is about)
Please Note : the Govt has now started to LEAN all Govt Offices - including Tax offices, watch the backlogs building there (possibly due to a lack of manpower)........
Now, what can be done about it?
Rigga, an interesting and well considered piece. Thanks for the meaning of Lean, it seems I was way off the mark with it being a Boy Band! I'm afraid I must share my personal opinions and agree with you. Up to 1997 there were people who had served in the armed forces on the Government benches, who probably had their interests at heart. After that they were replaced by people who in the main had spent their political lives opposed to the 'military industrial complex' or some such cliche, and do not have the interests of the armed forces at heart, including the PM and the present MOD incumbents. But all that is by the bye.
You ask what should be done about it? Well we used to have a system that worked and served the interests of military order and discipline. Now we do not. Tricky one that! Perhaps we should engage the services of some expensive consultants, or we could simply go back to readopting the old system! Sorry, I've just realised how loopy that sounds, I guess it better be the consultants!