PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Trainee Pilot Molest Girl!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2001, 18:17
MadChinaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy SIA Trainee Pilot Molest Girl!!!

Hot off the Press.

The Straits Times reported a trainee SIA pilot admitted to molesting a 14 year old girl in a lift and plead guilty, citing a psychiatrist report that he had suffered from depression for a few years and thus impairing his judgement. Tang Chee Leong age 28 is a graduate from the local university pleaded to impose a fine so that he could pursue his ambition to be an airline pilot.

This article really pisses me off on how SIA selects their cadets?

I am a local with a CPL/IR frozen ATPL from U.K. I don't have the basic educational requirement ie. only 4 'O' Level passes in subjects like English and Physics. Nor do I have a degree. But having graduated from the "university of life" have taught me what is right and wrong. Neither do I have any mental or personality flaws.

And for my efforts in wanting to be a pilot, was a thank you but you are not successful in your application.

This is how those bunch of assholes in SIA select future airline commanders. Lt.Gen. Bey, should better wake up his idea and start looking out of the box and give us a consideration rather than following the time honoured tradition of selecting trainees. He might be suprised with us bunch who somehow don't meet their requirements but have initiative in getting our licences at our own expense which I feel is commendable and all we ask for is an opportunity.