PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to from Africa?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 15:38
Jockflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, have flown in Maun and Zambia myself, I know where your at. My advice to you is at 22, you've got plenty time to come to an airline in the UK or Europe. Try and get a job with a contract company. Fly a King Air or something for a few years. Enjoy that type of flying. I know its difficult to live over there, and you might want to come back, but trust me, you will miss Africa big time. Only the other day I was talking to one of my colleagues (we both work for a UK airline) and he was showing me pics of his time in Tanzania. Brought back great memories. I asked him if he missed it, "only every morning when I wake up" was his reply. We are both mid to late 30's and only came back because of family pressures and because time was against us if we wanted to get into the airlines. You at 22 should be out there flying in all sorts of god forsaken countries enjoying the diversity. If I could do it again, I'd fly contacts during the african winter and spend the summer months in Cape Town surfing etc.
You've got Biltong, castle beer, and probably a house boy. Put off joining the rate race for at least another few years.