PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training from unlicenced aerodromes
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 13:34
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant be counted? The flight would be illegal for training - both the beach and the farmers field unless the runways are licenced - I think there is possibly one licenced beach in the UK though that vaguely comes to mind...

I should make mention of the Touch and Go...as well - T&G ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. The flight must be started at and terminate at a licenced aerodrome. That means from one an a/c moves under its own power, to taxi, with the intention of flight until in next comes to rest. i.e. You must have a brakes-on to brakes-off flight - not a T&G.

You have to ask yourself these questions:

1. If my instructor is willing to break the rules to this degree what on earth is his motivation? Is he more worried about the number of hours in his logbook (with his eye on an airline job perhaps?) rather than worrying about my interests as a student?

2. If my instructor doesnt understand the rules - how much more doesnt he know? What quality of training am I receiving?

3. If my instructor is willing the break these rules - how many more is he willing to break? Is he even legal to fly? (talking to a number of FIEs about this who run instructor seminars the answer to this question is potentially quite frightening.)