PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1Time Pilot Losses
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 09:59
imustbemad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dentures
Get real! I fail to see how me suggesting you sign your bar bill at least 8 hours before sign on does the pilot body of 1time a diservice. I do not an any way condone the action of the 2 pilots involved in the incident you speak of.
The pilots involved in that incident readily admitted that they had screwed up and duly left with their tails between their legs. The 2 pilots just so happened to be instrumental in trying to get the pilots at 1time unionised prior to this and it was an open fact how management felt about that. Similar related incidents occured in the past with another crew member and he was given a slap on the wrist and sent back out on the line. Granted he was eventually given his marching orders and deservedly so. So the question begs, how much did the unionisation attempt have to do with their dismissal

Dentures, If you are so concerned about the pilots and how they are viewed by all reading this post then maybe YOU should start treating them a little better because at this stage YOU are the one doing them a diservice. Its only too obvious which office your letter originates from.
Once again Dentures, and you don't have to read between the lines on this. The pilots at 1time are a fantastic bunch of guys and their management should be doing whatever they can to keep them.
Unfortunately it appears that there are divisions forming in the pilot body which is realy sad, because the only good thing left at the company is the fellow crew to work with. Fortunately the only time they have to deal with you is when they have a pilots meeting filled with empty promises. Although those meetings are few and far between and poorly attended due to the realisation that they amount to nothing and are just a waste of a day off....... which are also few and far between...

Last edited by imustbemad; 12th Dec 2006 at 11:28. Reason: and another thing