PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life at Tiger Airways
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 08:26
expatula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dani
The contract you sign with Tiger says you can be used for any subsidiary airline. But as soon as you get your contract, you have your respective salary. So I would assume it wouldn't be legally justified to send you from SIN base to CRK with the respective local salary. But it could happen to you that your contract says that you have to take CRK or nothing.

Chances of a CRK base is 90%, it all still depends on factors not in the hands of the airline. Originally it should have been started already. They work together with SE Asia Airline, which is a Dornier 328 operator in CRK.

hth,
Dani
As you said, you get your respective salary when you sign the contract, which i suppose is standard (the same) for all Tiger pilots regardless of where you are based. The only thing that would matter, i think, is those based in Clark would end up with a slightly lower net pay because of tax, which i believe is not applicable in Singapore. So i really doubt what you said that if they base you in Clark, your salary would be in local terms, and even lower than CEB or PAL. Why would anybody allow himself to be deprived of the same benefits as that of his Singapore counterpart when they both have the same level of work?

Doesn't make sense to me, Dani.

But if you're talking about the local Dornier pilots flying for SEA Air as a subsidiary of Tiger, then that would make more sense to me.