PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1Time Pilot Losses
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 05:30
Fliterisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation. CP has gone corporate and seems that it was a whole lot of reasons, not only the "issues" at 1Time... I know of alot of guys who want to do that when they get older.. airlines are not the be all and end all everyone

You are damned if you do and dont in this situation. The 1Time guys IMHO were the best bunch in SA... I cannot imagine anyone of them willingly breaking the law. The problem with the airline industry in SA, is not the VB of Nationwide, management of 1Time or anything else, its the difficulty in making a living due to the highly competitive (read it as you want) nature of the industry... ANY new airline in SA will start squeezing somewhere, and where better in 1Time than the pilots - who were initially earning relatively good salaries.... they gotta make ends meet, and unfotunately that means doing the wrong things alot of the time!!!

We should stop comparing regionals to global carriers... they are playing by different rules... I am not condoning it rather highlighting the problem...

Good luck to all the 1Time'ers... you are better than this, and will find jobs elsewhere...