PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways
Thread: GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 01:58
StudentInDebt

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm another one that couldn't imagine anything worse than working for BA, and having to fly with their stuck-up, egotistical idiots they call pilots.
Now, now. This is no place for willy-waving in public, you might find yourself exposed with nothing to cover your ass sorry, couldn't resist - telegrams are still slow to reach us in the British East India Company
As for us ending up with more ADD's by going over to VS engineering... you do make me laugh
We aim to please. As you point out, it is early days and yes BA engineering had it's issues for GB. All I have said is this utopia will change in the future as the Virgin management tighten the screws (sic) on the contract costs.
Off we go to Aviance... always loaded, and closed up early.
Again early days and no, BA Handling are not perfect. You've had 2 months(?) of handling from Aviance at the beginning of the winter season, even Circusair can manage to get the right number of people/steps/equipment at this time of year. It is the middle of the summer 0300 arrival you want to look forward to.
ALL the routes which GB flies that require route licences are, and always have been, GB's own since before the franchise started.
All of them? Licences for LGW to SSH and DLM, EMA and BRS to TFS were all in place before the franchise started? I'm not saying they were ever BAs but I'm surprised that GB applied to operate these routes before the franchise started.

Last edited by StudentInDebt; 12th Dec 2006 at 02:29.