PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 11th Dec 2006, 23:44
Three Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Command Pass Rate Airbus

Five Green to my knowledge since July the majority of command candidates on the airbus joined the company in mid to late 96 through to the middle of 97. I could be wrong but my information suggests that only 3 were on their second attempt. I do agree that you must be wary of statistics but I would argue that it seems a fairly good pass rate that is certainly within industry standards. Flight Ops are well aware of the issues that have been raised and highlighted within this forum and have made positive steps to address the issues. All systems have their downside and the responsibility of correction not only falls to management but the individuals at the coal face doing the training. I for one beleive that the intent amongst trainers is to do just that. Not perfect, I agree, and subjective analysis on the flight deck is always open to interpretation. As a job I thouroughly enjoy going to work and flying the line and look forward with cautious optimism that the mechanisms for continued improvement of pass rates have been put in place. The F/O's coming through the system at the moment are of a high standard and a pleasure to work with. Regards Three Bear.