PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 introduction into offshore services
Old 11th Dec 2006, 21:43
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sox6, not true. Paperwork was all sorted before the machine flew. It only did one revenue flight before CT came back online. Reason for always wanting to fly CT over CP is that the company wanted to spread the hours out for maint requirements. Easy to do when you only have crew for one helo!!!
Wouldn't listen to disgruntled engineer. He is a knob of the highest calibre. Only went screaming to CAA after he was suspended for swearing and yelling (and not in a friendly manner) to his shift supervisor, who incidentally, is so easy to get along with that you would have to be a real prat to get him p d off, as this knob did. And the reason for the yelling??? Nobody would remove all 3 of the panels he wanted removed so that he could do his work, they only removed the 2 panels he actually asked for. Of course, he was probably too busy surfing ebay to notice that he hadn't asked for everything he wanted. Touche!!!!
One of the snags was a HUMS issue if I remember correctly, which was definitely rectified before next flight. There were paperwork issues, but not with the aircraft, with company procedures. All found during audit, and all rectified, or in the process of.
I wouldn't believe everything a disgruntled engineer says. Especially that one!!!
Hope that clears it all up. I'm not there at the moment, off to work in sunnier climates. Had to leave before UK immigration came knocking. Damn colonials you know
P.S, what is GW's little website?? You've lost me there

Last edited by noooby; 11th Dec 2006 at 21:51. Reason: Don't know what GW is