PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1Time Pilot Losses
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 19:33
jojojett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJB, without getting "rude", may I suggest that you ARE part of the problem at 1Time? As long as there are members of the pilot body who do just blindly "toe the line" for management, by flying not so legal hours and clearly unseviceable aircraft without standing up and protesting, then said management WILL expect it of all the pilots, all the time, thereby creating a VERY dangerous culture within the airline.
If you think for one minute that the people upstairs have your interests at heart at all then, I fear you are sadly mistaken, the minute the brown stuff hits the fan, they will wash their hands and hang you out to dry. Flying in those conditions without constantly asking questions and raising flags is not only criminally stupid, but just plain dangerous. Wake up mate, NOBODY is going to give you a noddy-badge or think you're a "hero" for suffering that kind of negligence in silence. Bottom line: you have to cover your own arse and look after your own licence, and the only way to do that is by haing a strongly represented pilot body, not by trying to impress the people that care less for you than snakesh@#t.
To the pilots at 1Time, keep up the work guys, make the bean counters answerable to the blatant disregard for the safety of their passangers and crew. The question of safety in aviation will NEVER be addressed adequately as long as a few (self serving) pilots continually disregard the very rules that are there for there own safety (maybe that was the reason you got a bonus that you weren't entitled to??).
I say; if you want to be some kind of "war-hero", great, go do it in a single seater, far away from innocent people, nobody really cares. Don't, however, stroke your ego whilst endangering other people.