PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is SIA kidding????
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2001, 06:16
New York Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Is SIA kidding????

I had a most unpleasant experience in an infamous interview on 7-7-00 which many people on this forumn have read as of 3-01 under the title "Thoughts from an almost SIA Pilot". I had given up everything to immigrate to Singapore with my Singaporean wife after having obtained my Singapore PR just to become an SIA Pilot. Yes, I had brought into all the hype and was in for a most rude awakening by the way I was treated at the tea party / final interview. The primary reason I was rejected despite over 6,000hours and airline pilot experience was that I had not been subservent enough when I disagreed reluctanatly to a chinese vice presidents opinion on the Singapore death penalty.

Well, after being told quite frankly that SIA is not keen on recruting westeners this is the postion posted today 30 August 2001 on AEPS here in the United States by SIA:

SILKAIR REQUIRES A320 WITHOUT TYPE RATING - CONVERSION TRAINING PROVIDED A320 NATIONAL OR EXPATRIATE TERMS

I wish anyone applying much luck, however, be forewarned that SIA is of the opinion that they can do anything they want and people will still want to fly for them. Somehow, I just dont feel that way.