PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Medical Question
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 17:43
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SidHolding
It's nearly 2007, don't listen to pompus old navigators banging on about the 60's.
Sid, I may be old but I am not pompous. The point made was not that you cannot join with defective, or correctable vision, nor that those with defective vision, already qualified, cannot continue flying or cross-over.

The point was that they seek the highest standards on entry and that a lower medical standard, everything else being equal, will put you behind a fully fit candidiate.

I did not express the medical degradation during training too clearly. If it is corrctable and not too serious then it will be corrected. Once qualified there will probably be more latitude given than someone who becomes crook just into training.

As I said before, exactly what is Ranger 5 worried about? If he has defective vision now then they will make a decision based on how defective it is. If he is anticipating defective vision sooner, rather than later, what form is anticipated?