PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest
Thread: Air Southwest
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 17:38
Respryn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devon-Flyer, my dear chap, I dont agree with your assumption that morale is at rock bottom. The people I fly with seem to enjoy their job.
As for the "second-rate" sim instructors, well, I do seem to have ruffled your feathers in my original post, so lets put this one to bed. ASW is too small a company to have animosity between crew.
I came to ASW from CitiExpress having flown the Dash 8 for 3 years and the Embraer 145 for 6 years. I was, as I suspect you know, Flight Ops Safety Manager and help create the Flight Operations Safety Board for CitiExpress. My last year on the 145, I was a Line Training Captain. I thoroughly enjoyed flying the "jungle jet" around Europe, but for personal family reasons, wanted to move back home, to Cornwall. I applied to ASW like anyone else and was fortunate enough to be offered a job as a Captain, only. When the Line Trainers job came up, as well as the TRI job, I put my application in, the same as other people and was lucky enough to be offered the jobs. I am also acutely aware that by doing this, I may have trodden on some toes.
So, Devon-Flyer, you and probably everyone else now knows who Respryn is and I apologise for my, admittedly, rather crass comments on anonimity. I look forward to working with you.
Kind regards
MJ