PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1Time Pilot Losses
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 17:03
countingteeth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by imustbemad
..but don't forget to sign the bill at least 8 hours before sign on. Shouldn't be a problem with the generous layover times afforded to the crew...
@imustbemad : Your little dig about signing the bill at least 8 hours before sign on is a clear dig at the two pilots who were "dismissed" earlier this year in a "related" incident. You do ALL 1time pilots a discredit by trying to justify the behaviour of the two concerned people, and to try insinuate that the incident was related to layover times being too short. Need I remind you that the two pilots concerned held the following morning's flight up by over and hour, the co-pilot flew the whole day minus shoes!!!!!, and that the airline lost a major corporate client over the fiasco. It was monumental lack of judgement from the pilots concerned - I wouldnt want either of them flying me around given their total disregard for passenger safety...

Originally Posted by glorybusdriver
?. Guys must get the Sunday times this sunday, 1 time looking for captains. Poor First officers, 1 time dont even look their own guys, parently they are all too young.
@glorybusdriver : Your information is wrong. All the First Officers that were eligle for command got it - 3 people if I am not mistaken. The balance of the FOs who would have otherwise been eligle for command did not get it for a very simple reason : they do not have ATPs, or in the case of one individual, do not have South African ATPs. I believe all FOs concerned have been with the airline since day 1 (I may be mistaken here), and come from Millionaire days. They have had adequate opportunity to get their ATPs sorted but none have managed yet. These are the same FOs that are complaining that they are "so hard done by".... They dont leave because they cant