PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 16:57
Carmoisine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jinkster I have read your recent posts with interest. This is a username I have because I feel I need to be protected from my employers if I dare to speak out. I have known you for a while and we communicated by PM and I know you to be a good and reasonable person. I understood your motivations for looking for a job from Ryanair.

Unfortunately as Scroggs says your very motivation to get a job leaves us all open to wild exploitation. How I have changed my tune from when I was on these forums as a wannabee. I thought Scroggs was a stuffy old Dinosaur, who was rather pompous and arrogant when he spoke of the way we were destroying our own futures. Some years into my airline career I now see exactly what he was talking about. Ryanair is a very ruthless employer. Just this weekend we had 12 Pilots in STN suspended en masse, the details are not out yet, but you wouldn't believe some of the details. Now that you are Ryanair you should log on to www.repaweb.org, just today I read a story about an outrageous salary cut that FR gave Pilots transferring to CRL when that base opened.

As for leaving? Well all those guys and girls who were hoping to get some hours ASAP and then jumpship find that all the other jobs out there waiting for them have the same terms and conditions, oppresive bonds and lack of respect from management.