PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cheap flying
Thread: cheap flying
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 14:10
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What turned me off buying a share is that it can take an age to sell the thing when you want to get shot of it. If you can afford to hang around 6 or more months to shift a share then great but many of us aren't in that position which inevitably will mean that the share will need to get sold at a loss in order to get some cash back. Then there are the monthly contributions that still need to be met whilst you are trying to sell the thing and if you are horribly unlucky the engine bill that comes around and needs a bit of topping up as the fund is short due to some new EASA regulation.

You really need to step back and take a wider view on what a typical punter will want in order to minimise your risk if you plan from the outset on reselling. For me that left to many variables to consider.

I was all keen to get into a group and hour build in the UK prior to starting my CPL/IR but decided to head to the US instead and will go down the no equity route once I am complete to keep current. Whilst in some cases (but not all) there is a higher hourly rate there is the bonus of no associated risk.