PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 11:57
SplashDown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AustralianGoose

The 450 pilots have been floating around for some time and rumor has it they are close to that number at the moment. Then again there are some rumors that should never be believed

Call me negative but I'm pretty sure CTC are not capable of training 450 pilots in 3 months! Nursling has some very good facilities but no where near enough capacity to train that number. Even if they pulled a miracle out of the bag and did the ground school for that number, there's no where near the sim capacity in the UK or Europe to finish the ratings or the trainers to do it!

As Mooneyboy (how you doin my friend!!) and others have said the holding pool is quite small and could be drained empty by just 2 type training courses. I hope that will happen just after xmas once easy get their training side sorted (I say easyJet because they are the by far the biggest users from CTC).

My view is the courses going through at the moment are refresher courses for DEP's and TRSS. These guys and gals normally only need 20 odd sectors for line training and can be online pretty quick. As an ex CTC ATP'er I had to wait near on 3 months before starting line training at easy and then had close to 50 sectors before final line check.

To all you treading water in the pool, keep your head above water and keep in the back of your head you could be in a far far worse situation!

Merry xmas
Splashdown