PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brown treats the Services shabbily
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 10:44
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
If we can't have Scottish cabinet members in the UK government, then it would be fair to assume that we cannot have English, Welsh, Irish cabinet members dictating policy to the UK either.
..yer missing the point Dan.

My (our) concern is those areas in which English MPs (or Cabinet Ministers) cannot vote as those areas have been devolved.

Examples: I live in Shropshire, my sister-in-law lives in Motherwell, my mate lives in Cardiff. The (Westminster) MPs for Cardiff and Motherwell can and do vote on (inter alia) education and health in Shropshire. My Shropshire MP cannot vote on education or health in Cardiff or Motherwell. Simple solution would seem to be to not let Scotch, Welsh or Norn Iron MPs vote on those matters which were devolved .... it's called a level playing field...

Oh, but then Bliar's majority vanishes...... so the Scotchmen can vote for Uni tuition charges in England, while their devolved mates vote not to have them in Jockistan... the Westminster Taffia vote for prescription charges in England, when they (mostly) avoid them in the so-called Principality....

It's called the "West Lothian Question" and was first identified and named by top porridge-wog (Sir) Tam Dalyell (of the Binns)......