PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1Time Pilot Losses
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 07:44
TownshipDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boypilot:
Can you imagine that, a pilot having to handfly an aircraft down to minima, wow, what will they think of next? Isn't that what pilots do? FLY aeroplanes? Thats why we do all that training/sim time etc. It is not so we can manipulate the autopilot, it so we can actually do what we are supposed to and that is fly the aeroplane in adverse weather, IMC etc.
Real pilots fly aeroplanes with their hands, they aren't glorified computer programmers. Having flown a successful fully coupled approach is about as exciting and fullfilling as successfully picking up a prostitute; anyone can do it, no matter what their skill level

I bet you are one of those guys who sits around the braai at parties and goes, 'yea babe, you should have seen it, I had to program the autopilot to do an approach into PE today....TWICE...phew, tough day at work hey, pass me another Peroni"

Another thing, as far as I understand the 1time a/c are all built in the 80's, not in the 60's...I haven't noticed any Comets or 707's sitting on the apron painted red lately...

Off to go FLY now, later guys...