PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus vs Boeing (McDD)
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 06:03
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Taking the piss out of airbus', while fun and worthwhile, is really pointless...the control 'laws' aren't the issue. What is the issue is the froggies designed an aeroplane that had to be 'different' to the Boeing product in all ways and no matter what...in so doing they also went against 60 years of conventions and that, in my opinion, is why they are not generally as well liked as Mr Boeings product...even the landing light switches work in the opposite sense...as with many other switches...it amazes me airbus pilots don't fly around with the landing lights on and land with them off

But all said and done, airbus and airbus pilot stirring aside, Boeing just build better aeroplanes...period!!!

The current canning Tooloose are getting at the hands of Seattle attests to that fact.

Never flown one, hope fervently I never do...but have LOTS of mates who do and few, if any, have unqualified praise for Too-Loose's product.

It stuns me that the same aerospace industry that designed and builds Falcons, my all time favorite aeroplane and the only thing in current production that beats a Boeing, also builds the scarebus

I love the 767...it'll do me just fine until the promised 777s and 787s arrive over the next several years