PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaw dropper
Thread: Jaw dropper
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2006, 04:46
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a whole host of these i'll wager and we all have chiefies to look after us, otherwise we would be stuffed, right!

The first I had was when a not very bright ginger beer who had noticed what he thought was a loose bolt in the T'R Gbox housing. The spanner he produced turned it into a bolt with a stripped thread in the casting.

So- he just finds a longer bolt and nut and tightens it up throught the cast housing with a heap of washers on it.
Now chiefy finds out at ten that night and panics, and drives all night to the location. He's buggered when he gets there so he sends a station employee, not a bright one- out to the refuel spot with a sign that says - XYZ down and a big arrow on it pointing down. nothing else.

i can tell you i was somewhat mystified as I had just landed at the fuel in XYZ and could confirm that it was very much up so far as I was concerned. Of course we were in the middle of a massive job and things were quite hectic to say the least.

Called up my partner who comes over and after some questioning in the local pidgen dialect we find out the source of the sign.

one hour later and a new Gbox and we work over time to just pull off the job by dark.

funny thing - we never saw the culprit ever again, chiefy had steam coming out of his ears though.