PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question
Thread: A question
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 22:20
Atishoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question

I'm not sure if i have come to correct board but i have a question and i want it straight from the horses mouth so to speak (Pilots please)

I was travelling on a comercial package holiday company flight (better not mention which one) back from Crete in summer of 2005. It was the day the Helios flight from Cyprus crashed. So everyone was a bit jittery mostly myself !!

Ok we were flying happily over Europe, the weather was lovely and the flight was calm. All of a sudden (now im thinking we must have been somewhere sorta over Germany) as we were a good 2 hours or more into the journey, the ride became a little bumpy, on came the seatbelt signs, then it got REALLY bumpy lol i mean coffee off the tables bumpy and hold on to the seat arms bumpy, ok ok im a nervous flyer so maybe most ppl wouldnt have flinched.

The Captain told the crew to sit down and they almost ran to their seats good on them. This was actually really scary, my child panicked a bit i tried not to, even my Husband whos a very confident flyer looked worried , then we had the usual twerp behind us saying "oh doesnt everyone look worried " then it all seemed to become a lot less bumpier. BUT......

The bit i cant understand and dont think i ever will is this.... WHY OH WHY didnt the Captain or someone on the flight deck put their passengers at ease and explain what it was or that it was mild turbulence or severe, or anything!!! the CC didnt say anything either and we were all left with white faces, churning stomachs and crying children.

What im trying to say is..... wouldnt it have been both reassuring and professional to have calmed your passengers, and made them have some confidence in flying with that company again?? i know it may seem petty and that sort of thing could happen on any aircraft anywhere in the world, but to not know what it was or be reassured has made me think twice abt flying with that Company again, any comments ??