PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 20:51
emirates_girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyr

That would most likely be doing an open day there, as we start flying to South America next year.So they will be looking for nationalities from there. Best of luck !

Meg4

I cannot believe you and fieval have not heard anything yet !! I t is making me nervous as I am due for my contract this Wednesday. Have you called them or anything ? My room looks very bare, I have started a little packing but have so many jobs to do before hand! and I alays end up going out with friends. I am having a farewell party this weekend..so trying to organise that too...I hope you ar still leaving this week. How exciting !

Mshostess

CONGRATULATIONS ! WELCOME TO THE REST OF US HAHA.
one bit of advice. Make sure you take everything to the interview that is required. Because otherwise you have to post it and it takes 5 days to get there, and they will not look at your application until they have it all. I took everythign to my interview and Emirates called me exactyl one week later and asked for my medicals and my start date ! It saves playing the waiting game !

Questions they will ask:

-All scenarios such as:
- When have you being in a stressful situation at work? How did you deal with it ?
- When have you and a colleague not met eye to eye? How did you deal with it ?
- When did you exceed a customers expectations ?

etc...it is alot of thi kind of stuff. Basically they are trying to see how you are in stressful situations, how you are working in a team, and also customer service. They are very focused on team work, so drop that alot (how it is a team effort etc)

Also make sure you have some good questions to ask them at the end. I had a friend who didn't ask a very good question and did not make it through. It may not have being because of that butalways be over prepared. I actually wrote mine down and poulled it out at the interview and asked them. I spoke to them like I had the job already. This is what I asked.

- How do I prepare myself for training prior to leaving for Dubai ?
- How do I get my body to adjust to jet lag, time zone and climate changes?
- I noticed that cabin crew for Emirates have won sveral awards including"Best Cabin Crew ". What is the criteria for this judgement? And what was it that emirates offered above everybody else ?
- I noticed on that form you gave us on Saturday that it says we have one week of Orientation. What does this entail ?
- What happens if my room mate and myself do not get along living together ?

Feel free to ask them too if you are wondering about what they said.
After the interview I told them how my parents were very proud of me for getting so far in this process and how I showed my mum the cabin crew videos on the website and how she cried when she saw cabin crew graduation becuase I told her that that will be me very soon ! They laughed. I asked them when they flew back to Dubai ? commented that they must be tired etc. Wished them luck with the recruitment and said 'See you soon'.

That is how it went, it lasted for about 40 minutes. They were very impressed that I had everything with me for the interview and commented on how well organised I am. It is not that bad of an interview, just do nto let your nerves take over as that may work against you. I am aware of people who are so nervous it shows, that they do not get the job because of it. It shows that you cannot really handle a stressful situation such as it. Look at it all from a HR point of view.
When is your interview ?
GOOD LUCK !

see you shortly in Dubai

congrats again ! I know exactly how you must feel !