PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 20:44
Rani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by surely not
Rani I expect better from you. Your knowledge of the industry normally means a rational post, but to blame the airport info displays on on an airline is the sort of thing I expect from AVSEC
Whilst I am sure that there are genuine complaints on these websites so I am sure that there a few who have hidden agendas in stirring up the muck. VK is a big enough airline with professional people who are trying hard to break the mould of ineptitude often found in Nigerian aviation, but they do not get it right every time. So long as they continue to get it right more often than not then steps forward are being made. As The Rev Network points out VK was forced to give up desks in the International Terminal for a competitor despite VK having done all the work in enhancing the area and paying for it to be done!!
Until the NCAA acts in an unbiased way towards all airlines, and the aviation ministers cannot be bought in the way Boris the Shady appears to have been, I fear that Nigerian aviation will continue to advance at a slower pace than it should in all areas.
OK SN, next time i'll make sure to begin end my posts with this:
The opinions expressed in quoted text do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author
Sure thing the Airport Info displays is the responsibility of the airport authority but I don't see this as an excuse! Surely an LCD announcing VK departures is no rocket science to install....Otherwise and as Revnetwork inferred one must wait in line for hours to enquire about schedules.
The same blog site in question is now showing a reply to the VK issue alleging that VK is not listed on the www.virgin.co.uk site because of VK's service quality/level. Intriguing, to say the least! since all the other Virgin brand airlines are listed in the travel section. This reaffirms the urgent need to revamp VK service and bring it up to par with other Virgin brand carriers.