PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 18:54
Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmibaby.com
I was at the airport today, my first day working under the new title, and have been surprised at how quickly the new signage has gone up. The sign at the front of the terminal as well as the entrance sign has all changed with the "East Midlands Airport" name in big titles, with the three cities mentioned in smaller titles, then the slogan "Three Cities. One Airport." underneath. I heard that all other signage such as inside the terminal, all vehicles operating on site as well as public transport buses are all expected to have the new name used on them by February. Not sure how realistic that is, but I heard that that was the target, presumably to tie in with the new Ryanair flights.
I too was quite surprised at the speed in which the airport managed to change some of the signage, though it's true what you say in that the airport is wanting to move over to the new title as soon as possible, especially considering that the name change has been made effective immediately. I think it's asking quite a lot though for all branding to be EMA by February - given how much there is (with some things are still EMA branded anyway) but also the cost for external companies like KinchBus and NCT. They also have to consider changing all of the information at bus stops etc. serving routes for the airport - it's a hefty task for two months!