PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest FRI rumour
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 17:26
ethereal entity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oggin,

The rumours of 6 figure FRI's is doing the rounds in the RAF at the moment, but they are just that (at the moment) - rumours. Smart money is on the sum going to CS Sqn Ldrs for a return of service post IPP (5 yrs?). Interestingly, I have yet to speak to a single CS Sqn Ldr (I've asked quite a few) who would change a decision to leave if they got 100K (taxed or otherwise) - it's not enough, to compensate for 5 yrs of the children growing up whilst Dad's away (or mum!)/ 5 yrs less seniority at an airline/not to mention jobhunting at 44 - not easy. In addition, a continuation of the FRI2 is utterly pointless - 50K taxed is 30, over 5 yrs =6K per year. Hmm...if a Flt Lt left at his 38/16, his pension would be almost double that, so the RAF are saving money on anyone who accepts the FRI - only giving you half what they would have to if you left. Clever.

What would retain a Flt Lt at IPP?

Less time away, Serviceable (NEW!!!) aircraft, GET RID OF JPA, Stop using Civvy Bull*hit terminology, Get rid of the current bunch of spineless cowards we call senior officers, and pay us what we are worth (7 tours, 6000hrs - about 85K per annum, and NO, I'm not kidding.

For what it's worth.