PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLIA ATC
Thread: KLIA ATC
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2001, 21:32
The Rage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down KLIA ATC

What seems to be the matter with ATC Kul? Ever since the opening of the airport the ATC has been horrendous! They did a better job back when they were in Subang. What seems to be the problem, thats what I would like to know?
Spacing between departing aircrafts is too long and separation for arrivals is like 8-10 miles between aircrafts. This is on 2 runways! On single runways its even worst. I have been stuck on the ground waiting to depart and it took us 35 mins to get airborne when there were only 4 aircrafts ahead of us with about 5 landings in between. This would happen in London or LA or anywhere else in the world!
Maybe the guys in the tower are asking for more money so its another case of "work to rule", but I doubt it.
Trying to compete with other airports in the region is one thing, but I don't see how they are going get this going if the damn planes spend so much time on the ground burning fuel. LOTS OF DELAYS have been caused by this.
And for aircraft departing the same direction like KANTO and EGAMO, why can't we have a slot system, where who ever is ready first gets to depart first instead of the current, waiting for the other guy when he's not even ready yet.