PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME & IR questions (inc. renewal)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 11:28
Ratshit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WIKI44
Hello everyone! I have an important training related question on the multi-engine command instrument rating from Australia. The minimum requirement is 20 hours of instrument flight time and 20 hours of intrument flight time on an approved flight simulator. Most schools quote the minimum required hours in their packages for training. However, depending on the skill and aptitude of the pilot, the number of hours required can vary. Can anyone tell me the number of hours an AVERAGE pilot would take to obtain a multi-engine command instrument rating in Australia. I gather, in Australia people take their flying seriously, and "fxing" of hours with the instructos to obtain the ratings does not work so well. In other places, especialy the U.S. and Phillippines these sort of things do happen. That is the primary reason why I want to train in Australia. I have a passion for flying and want to do things properly. In order to budget though, I need to know how many hours an average student pilot takes to get the MR-CIR and what is the best way to approach it; ie. do a lot of simulator time or do more actualy flying? Any comments would be graetly appreciated. Cheers.
If you are reasonably skilled at handling the aeroplane, and have reasonable aptitude for I/F, completing the IR close to the minimum time would be a reasonable expectation.

Use a Stimulator to learn the basics then go get as much time as you can in the aeroplane. Try to fly with an intructor who will take you into some real cloud and real rain.

R