PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question for the security guys
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 11:28
IB4138

Pilot of the Airwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelling back through Manchester T3 yesterday, my wife suffered at the hands of two of these mindless security morons.

Whilst I passed through still wearing my belt and shoes without a problem, my wife was asked, no ordered, to remove her shoes for x-ray and walk barefoot on a cold tiled floor. She requested some disposable paper slippers, but that produced no answer from the moron. She also asked if the floor was clean...again no answer.
Not to leave it there, the moron then requested that she take her cardigan off for x-ray. She objected, as the area is quite cold, which only produced the muttered comment "We have to work here. We are tired of complaints from you lot"

Not to finish there, she was subjected to an extremely thorough body frisk by a female operative, which my wife found very uncomfortable and the moron appeared to enjoy.

She had no such problems passing through Heathrow T1 and T2 the week before and now says she would rather transit any other airport than Manchester, as a result.

"No sir/madam, you cannot drink your own alcohol".
Interesting aside.

There is now a sign in the new bar, half way down pier C at Malaga that advises you that you can by all food and drink available from that outlet, to consume on your flight.

Should lead to some interesting arguments!

Last edited by IB4138; 10th Dec 2006 at 11:46. Reason: addition