PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Interview
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 11:10
birdonthewire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tech quiz pretty much as advertised, 2 very friendly interviewers. All quite relaxed as we sat round the end of the table. Pleasant suprise as I was expecting a good grilling.

HR guy asked about my career to date, why I made the decisions i did, why I wanted to leave a perfectly good job and take a pay cut to be an FO, how would I deal being back in the RHS again, talked about possibilities for the future at CX career-wise. Did I know they had ordered new aeroplanes and what? Discussed the low-cost business model for a bit.

Mr Tech Captain started by asking when I had a negative experience in the past that had changed me for the better. Lots of limitation questions on my current type, why do we have a zero fuel limitation? Swept wings/mach crit/mach tuck etc. (747-400 model on table). Why is V1 lower on bigger aeroplanes?

If I had to either stop 8kt before V1 or rotate 8kt after V1 which would I choose? Said I'd continue as at least I had a fighting chance of getting away with it and that if I had stopped I'd definitely have gone off the end of the runway. He was quite happy to give me time to think it thro and seemed as much interested in my thought process as the answer itself. This lead to question on reduced screen heights.

You're on finals and you have a descent rate of 1200fpm. Why? (tailwind). You land long, how do you know you're reaching the end of the runway?
Is your TAS higher @ F390 M0.8 or F300 M0.8? Flying into a warmer air mass will TAS increase or decrease?

Standard drunk/non SOP Captain questions (gee do they still ask this stuff to experienced aircrew?!) Nothing on met, only general discussion on HK.

Anyway, I got through !!!!!!

***********BTW If you want to hone your HR skills, I found 'Great answers to tough interview questions' by Martin John Yate invaluable.*************